Workplace chiropractic is a program that brings chiropractic to the workplace. We understand the demands of the job put many different stresses on the human body. It’s true that an employee in pain is less productive and unhappy. The beauty of the workplace chiropractic program is that Higgins Chiropractic bring care and service to you. Employees that need chiropractic care can be treated onsite without having to leave work.
Chiropractic care is often the best treatment option for many common workplace injuries including:
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Numbness and tingling
Office health is extremely important. Whether you see a chiropractor regularly, or not, you should keep these tips in mind when you are working at your desk.
Tips for Office Care
- Choose a desk that is the proper height. All things on your desk should be within easy reach. Your feet should be touching the floor, with the legs and body forming an angle of 90 to 110 degrees.
- Adjust the height of your monitor. Look forward with your head in a neutral position. Your eyes should be at the same height as the top of the monitor. Leaning your head forward can lead to headaches and neck pain.
- When typing, keep your wrists straight, your shoulders perpendicular to the floor, and your forearms parallel to the floor.
- When talking on the phone, use a headset, when possible, especially if you talk on the phone for prolonged periods. Holding the phone between your shoulder and cheek will only lead to neck pain and headaches.
- Take micro-breaks often, stretching your neck, arms and wrists, back, and legs. Simple stretches include neck rotations, fist clenches, arm dangles, and shoulder shrugs.
If you are interested in learning more about workplace chiropractic, please contact us by phone or email. We can set up a time to meet with you and any business decision makers in your office to discuss options.