In this edition of “Higgins Chiropractic Mythbusters” we will be discussing seven of the most common lies you hear about chiropractic. Here are the facts, now it’s your turn to decide.
- Chiropractic care is not safe
- Chiropractic is widely recognized as one of the safest drug-free, non-invasive therapies available for the treatment of back pain, neck pain, joint pain of the arms or legs, headaches and other neuromusculoskeletal complaints. Today millions of children and their families are experiencing the benefits of this safe and valuable care of chiropractic.
- Chiropractors only treat back pain
- Chiropractors specialize in the musculoskeletal system, the nervous system, and the effects of these disorders on general health. Chiropractic adjustments can be made to any moveable joint in the body. In addition to adjustments, chiropractors also help their patients with exercise, nutrition, and healthy lifestyle habits.
- Chiropractic care is expensive
- Time and time again chiropractic care has been shown to be a cost-effective health care choice when compared to other types of treatment. Medicare patients have seen a 46% cost reduction just by seeking chiropractic care. Studies continue to show chiropractic care as a significantly lower health care cost for patients of any age.
- Chiropractic adjustments hurt
- Quite the contrary, many patients feel an immediate relief with a chiropractic adjustment; however, it may take some patients a few visits to notice the benefits because it all depends on your specific condition. Chiropractic manipulation is a highly controlled procedure that rarely causes discomfort. The chiropractor adapts the procedure to meet the specific needs of each patient.
- Once I start chiropractic care, I will never stop
- Once you begin chiropractic, it is fully up to you how long you want to benefit from the care. A chiropractor may provide acute, chronic, and/or preventive care thus making a certain number of visits sometimes necessary. Higgins chiropractic is different in that we offer the 6-visit Promise.
- Chiropractors are not real doctors
- Educational requirements for doctors of chiropractic are among the most stringent of any of the health care professions. The typical applicant for chiropractic college has already acquired nearly four years of pre-medical undergraduate college education, then a course of strenuous four to five academic years of professional study in a doctorate of chiropractic program. In total, the chiropractic college curriculum includes a minimum of 4,200 hours of classroom, laboratory and clinical experience.
- Chiropractic care would not benefit me
- Doctors of chiropractic care for patients of all ages, with a variety of health conditions. The benefits of chiropractic care extend way past pain management. Chiropractic care can benefit everyone as it allows the body to properly function and heal itself.
There is a lot to learn about the chiropractic profession. Change can start today, all you need is to make the decision to benefit your life and the lives of those you love.
Call us today and schedule your chiropractic appointment with Dr. Dan or Dr. Abbie.