November is the month of Thanksgiving, a holiday where Americans roast a big turkey, serve mashed potatoes and squash together with their family. Around this time of the year a lot of people reflect on how truly blessed they are. At Higgins Chiropractic, we are thankful for many things. We’re thankful that Dr. Abbie Goodman joined our team this past year, we are thankful for all our clients and we’re especially thankful for health and wellness!
Every year we try to make special donations to help local businesses in need. The more we reflected on our gratitude of health, the more we thought about all the children at the Cystic Fibrosis clinics during the holiday season. Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic disease where mucus builds up in the lungs, pancreas and other organs. The mucus clogs airways and traps bacteria which can lead to infections, extensive lung damage and eventually, respiratory failure.
Together, with the Breath of Life Foundation, Higgins Chiropractic will be donating items from November 1, 2016 – November 19, 2016 and we would love your help! Between those dates, we will have a box at our office where you can drop off NEW and UNWRAPPED gifts to the children (youth-high school). To show our gratitude, every time you donate, we will put your name into a drawing to win a little prize basket from Dr. Dan and Dr. Abbie.
We are looking for the following NEW and UNWRAPPED items:
- Book for all ages
- Note pads, journals, motivational books, motivational sayings
- Pens, pencils, crayons, markers, colored pencils
- Coloring books – kids coloring books and adult coloring books
- Lego sets – boys and girls
- Cars, transformers, etc. (boys)
- Accessories for baby dolls or American girl dolls (girls)
- Board games
- Nail polish, hair accessories, brushes
- Bracelets, necklaces, earrings
- Box kits for DIY projects
- High school kids – $5 iTunes card, Target or Starbucks cards
*** Please no stuffed animals or blankets for the kids ***
With your help we can bring joy and life to the children going through treatments and living with Cystic Fibrosis. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com! Thank you!